The Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc Indian Band (TteS) in Kamloops, British Columbia received 10 suites of affordable housing, built on its lands at Tyee Park. This project was funded as part of the Canada Rapid Housing Initiative (RHI) to create new, affordable housing for elders in the local community. The manufacturing was completed at NRB’s largest manufacturing plant in Kamloops which is also located on Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc land base; with both the land and building under long‐term lease. Our successful collaboration with TteS to develop the design resulted in culturally sensitive housing units providing TteS with certainty of cost, schedule, and quality.
Under the criteria guidelines in place from the RHI program, NRB was awarded the contract to build two 1-storey four-plexes and one 1-storey duplex in May of 2021 with a planned completion of December 2021. Due to wildfires in the area escalating surrounding priorities for BC Hydro, a pole removal caused the installations to see a delay in building completion until early April 2022.
At a Glance
The supply and Installation of Seniors Housing included the following:
- Two four-plex units and one 2-bedroom duplex.
- Total of 10 suites.
- Building one and three have 2 suites at 599 SF, 2 suites at 603 SF each.
- Building two has 2 suites at 1098 SF.
- Barrier free accessibility provided to 3 suites
- Exterior grading to level entry of accessible suites with concrete slabs at entries for all suites.
- Hardie Panel siding
- Interior drywall (mud, tape and paint)
- Building Application: Affordable Seniors Housing
- Size: 2 Buildings at 2,404 SF/1 Building at 2,204 SF
- Project Timeline: 11 Months
- Building Type: Volumetric modules
- Project Location: Kamloops, British Columbia