The hospitality industry consistently seeks cost control and schedule reduction in hotel projects. The opportunity to get customers through the doors in a shorter timeframe without cost overruns that impact the bottom line helps generate a faster return on investment. For this project, our client wanted to build a hotel in the tourist-friendly mountain town of Revelstoke, British Columbia.
85 rooms; four storey hotel – 53,393 sq ft
Awarded the contract in September 2016, our challenge was to use our modular construction capabilities to complete the turnkey hotel project, including design, manufacturing, transportation, setting and installation. The agreed occupancy date of Spring 2017 would allow the hotel owner to leverage the busy summer tourist season in Revelstoke.
At a Glance
- Manufacturing of the 64 required modules for the project began in October 2016 at our temperature-controlled facility in Kamloops.
- At the same time, the foundation was installed over a period of eight days on the final site.
- Craning of the modules began in the first quarter of 2017 and was completed over a 10-day period, followed by the completion team taking over to fully integrate each module into the finished structure.
- The four-storey, 53,393 square foot hotel features 85 rooms and amenities including whirlpool bathtubs, kitchenettes, an indoor swimming pool with water slide and hot tub, and an eating bar
- The hotel opened in late Spring 2017 to its first guests, in time for a busy summer season.